The meadow

One day, when I was walking the streets of my memories and my past I met a girl, a girl unlike any others.
I had walked by many places this morning already. 
The bedroom where my father used to cry out in pain. 
The graveyard we used to visit every weekend. 
The school where no one noticed the real struggle. 
The house, now empty, that I used to call home. 
The hospital where I didn’t get to say my last goodbyes. 

I could have visited so many more places in the lands of my past that day, but before Icould start walking towards the next event my eyes met her. 

She was standing by the road with a beautiful bucket of flowers in her hands. None of them looked alike, but all of them were so uniquely beautiful. They were like nothing I had ever seen before. 
So I simply had to ask, I was so curious. I said:»were did you find those beautiful flowers? I have been here many times and I have never once seen any flowers, let alone such amazingly beautiful ones.» 

«I can show you were I found them, if you want to?» she answered. 
«Absolutely, yes please!» 

And off we went. I don’t usually meet any strangers when I go for walks here and this girl had something very special about her. I knew I had to follow her. I knew it was the right thing to do. 

We walked in silence for a long time. It was a peaceful silence, the kind that makes your heart beat a little slower and helps your soul be at rest.

After a little more walking she said:» I was hoping I would meet you one day, you know? I have been waiting for you many times before, but your eyes were always so busy searching for other places. I don’t think you ever noticed me.»

I was trying to remember any time I had seen her, or anyone unfamiliar, here before. Nothing. I was quiet certain I had never met any stranger here but then again maybe she was right, maybe I just didnt notice her. 

I said:» I’m sorry. I get so lost when I’m here. There is so much to see, so many places to visit. It hurts to be here but the thought of forgetting hurts even more. I should have noticed you before. I’m sorry you had to wait!»

«Dont be sorry. I don’t mind waiting. It just means you are ready now.»

«Ready for what?»
«To SEE!»
«See what?» I asked but before she could answer I SAW.

There were hundreds and hundreds of flowers. Maybe even thousands. 
I had never seen anything like this. A meadow full of all the colours I had ever seen and some I had never seen before. Every flower was unique, none of them were the same. All of them had a different size, colour and shape. And oh, the smell. It smelled like nothing I had ever smelled before, a smell that was both overwhelming and relaxing at the same time.

«Where are we?» I asked. 
«This is your meadow. Here you can see every flower you and I have ever planted.»
«I have never planted a single flower in my life!»
«well, like I said we did it together. You and I.»
«But I have only just met you.»
«Yet I have been here all along. I have been here waiting for you to see. 
Let me explain:
All your memories. All the good ones, all the bad ones. Eveything beautiful and everything painful you ever experiened. I was there. You had no time to see me, very few people ever have. But I was there. Waiting. And for everything that happened I planted a flower for you. They are all unique. Just as unique as the people you have met, things you have experienced and the  feelings you have had. 
You have felt a lot. That’s why there is so many of them.»

«But who are you?» I wondered out loud. 


«My name is Peace.»

Kommentarer

  1. This such a beautiful read 🙏🏿🌺🌱🦋 thank you sweetie for sharing. It got me reflect... Peace is always there but we must want her to notice her... Wow

    I look forward to another One.

    SvarSlett

Legg inn en kommentar

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

My good friend

Enough