I met a little girl ...

I met a little girl in the streets just the other day. I met her somewhere between the trash cans of our city and those piles of junk you find laying around everywhere more often nowadays.
You know those trash cans where people throw away all their dirt and rubbish, like bottles they emptied to drown their dreams, forget their past and numb their pain. And those times they're actually to drunk to find the trash cans - that's when those piles of junk and dirt start to form.
But it's not only those bottles you can find there.
You can find a lot of tissues there too - sometimes they are just wet because someone used them to dry their tears.
Tears cried because of a broken heart. Maybe because this someone lost a beloved person, or maybe because they lost their job.
Maybe they're desperately in love with someone, someone who doesn't seem to know they exist.

But there's other tissues too, they're wet and red. Blood red - used because some wasn't able to cry.
Used because they wanted t feel alive again.

Do you cry sometimes?
Did you get hurt before?
Did you ever lose someone you loved?
Have you ever felt overwhelmed?
Have you ever given up?

Where are your dreams?

You know the name of that little girl I met? She's called "Hope".
Her father called her that because she's got this fire in her eyes, a fire no one could ever stop.

She's quite a smart girl. When I asked her what she was doin here between all this trash, dirt and junk she said she was shouting,
I was shocked, because I couldn't hear anything at all. I asked her what she was shouting and she said she was shouting for dreams to come back to life. That's where I lost it. I probably looked like a coward because I really didn't understand what she was talking about.

But somehow she was inspiring, her eyes gleaming with fire - I couldn't just leave. So I watched her.

And as I watched for a while I saw lights, coloured lights rising from the ground as she opened and closed her mouth. I didn't know if her answer was gonna help me but I had to ask her. "What are those lights?"I asked. "It's the dreams!" she answered and looked at me like that was the most obvious thing on earth.
But she didn't look accusing, just sort of sad. Yet still loving.

I was curious so I took a few steps forward and touched one of the lights with my fingers, a bright red one.
And as I touched it I heard a voice say " When I'm big I wanna be a princess and have my own prince and a castle.".
The voice definitely belonged to a girl no older than 4. Crazy... did I actually just hear the dream of a little girl? I started to believe.

And as I did so I started to listen and what I heard was Hope. Shouting and crying out for dreams to come back alive. "Arise and shine". I listened to Hope and saw her make her way through this place that looked so very lost and hopeless. Full of trash.
And wherever she walked those streams of coloured light started rising up from the ground.

I touched another light and could instantly hear another voice talking about their very own dream. It was more amazing and astonishing than anything I'd ever seen . To watch this little girl and hear her speak filled me with a joy and passion that words simply can not describe.

I asked her who she is and why she was doing this. So she started to tell me her story.

She told me that her father is a grwat man and that one day He got really upset because people were throwing their lives and dreams away, discarding all their hopes of the future they dreamed of. 
And they were losing it, all of it. They were losing both family and friends, futures and pasts. 
They were wasting their talents and were missing out on so much because they became too numb to see or hear. 

Her father is also a kind man, she said. So he decided to help those people, even though He knew it was gonna cost a lot.

One day we sat down together and He asked me if I would like to help. I didn’t have to think about it at all, I said yes right away. Do you know why? Because I LOVE people, she said. I can’t help it, it’s simply in my nature. I would do anything to help them so my father and I decided it’s best that I go. He wasn’t happy because He knew I was gonna have to suffer. But it didn’t matter because I know that He was, and is and will always be in control. Always. I came here and started off by trying to spread love and hope, and I troed to help but people wouldn’t listen. They just couldn’t hear me. They laughed at me and hurt me. They couldn’t believe. They mocked me and tried to find ways to get rid of me. I tried to tell them about my father and kind He was. How much He cared. But they ignored me and everything I said. They hated me and they killed me. 

But my father didn’t let me go. I’ still here, I’m still trying to help. We won. We won the war - people just have a hard time to understand it. 
With my fathers help their dreams can come true and their hope isn’t lost. He can heal and mend and make new. But so many don’t hear and can’t see. Because His voice is in the wind. It’s clear but very soft and people are too focused on their own troubles to really hear it. His strength is in the waves it is so beautiful and powerful - but people won’t lift their eyes away from themselves to see. If only they’d ask my father would give them the very same fire that’s burning in me. Then they could finally hear...

«Dreams can come true, you know?» that’s what she told me. «Hope isn’t lost. It just doesn’t look the way people expect it to look. It’s small yet strong. It’s soft yet burning with a blazing fire!» 

I asked her who her father is. She said «I call Him Love.»




Kommentarer

Populære innlegg fra denne bloggen

The meadow

My good friend

Enough